Jul 25, 2018

Do HUD 232 Loans Require Mortgage Insurance (MIP)?

Yes, HUD 232 loans require borrowers to pay an MIP (Mortgage Insurance Premium), as both a one-time and an annual expense. MIP for these loans includes a 1% one time MIP assessment, payable at closing, and a 0.65% annual MIP charge, paid each year.