What is a Board and Care Facility?

Board and Care Facilities in Relation to HUD 232 Loans

Board and care facilities are non-medical alternatives to assisted living and independent living communities. These facilities offer room, board, and 24-hour care, but do not provide nursing and medical care. Staff assists residents with tasks such as getting dressed, bathing, and taking medications. Board and care facilities are sometimes referred to as residential care homes, group homes, or adult foster care facilities.

To learn more about HUD 232 loans, fill out the form below to speak to a HUD/FHA loan expert.